Online Undergraduate Program

Chaminade University offers evening, weekend, and online programs for members of the armed forces, their families, and other working adults that wish to pursue degrees or take courses of interest. Accelerated courses are offered in four terms beginning January, April, July and October. Each term is 10 weeks long, with a large selection of online classes available.

The following Education programs are offered through the online program:

  • Bachelor of Science Elementary Education with Kindergarten to 6th Grade Licensure

  • Bachelor of Science Secondary Education (Social Studies, English, Science, and Mathematics Licensure)

  • Bachelor of Science in Special Education 3 + 1 Program for Leeward Community College (K-12, PK-3, K-6, 6-12)

  • Associate and Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education

  • Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education with Montessori Credential

Students interested in a program offered through the Online Undergraduate program should complete an online application form.

Online Undergraduate Application Requirements

There are four terms in an academic year:
• Winter term (January to March)
• Spring term (April to June)
• Summer term (July to September)
• Fall term (October to December)

The application priority deadline is 30 days prior to the start date of the term.  Applications received after the priority deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Our programs are designed to accommodate the needs of working and non-traditional students. Courses are offered online and in a hybrid mode combining on-campus and online meetings.

• Review Catalog: Choose your degree, degree concentration, and start term
• Apply Online at
• Pay Application Fee
• Submit official transcript(s)

Submit at least one (1) official transcripts from a previously attended institution.  While only one (1) official transcript is required for admission, please send official transcripts from all previously attended institutions in order to be considered for maximum transfer credit.  Transcripts may be submitted by any of the following options:

• Option 1: Request the transcript to be mailed directly to the Admissions Office, from the Institution.
• Option 2: Mail or hand-deliver official transcripts to the Admissions Office in a sealed envelope from the Institution.
• Option 3: Institutions that utilize secured electronic transcript services, such as eScrip-Safe, should email the transcript access information to

Transcripts from Institutions outside of the U.S. must be evaluated by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, and sent directly from the member organization to  the Admissions Office.
• National Association of Credential Evaluation Services:

All visa-related issues are handled by the Enrollment Specialist or Registrar, who can be reached at (808) 739-8554. This office issues I-20 Forms, required to obtain an F-1 Student Visa in the student’s country of citizenship (to be done before arrival in the U.S.). At registration, students must provide a copy of his or her passport/visa. The student will then be issued an updated I-20 that will change from “pending” to “continued attendance at this school”. To maintain student visa status while in the United States, all international students must:
1. Have a valid passport
2. Attend the school that the student is authorized to attend
3. Carry the equivalent of a full course study of at least 9 credits per term for undergraduate students
4. Apply for extension of stay when necessary
5. Obtain prior approval each time the student leaves to travel outside of the United States from the Enrollment Specialist 6. Follow procedures to continue from one education level to another and/or transfer
7. Obtain authorization prior to accepting any employment
8. Report immediately any change of residence to the Enrollment Specialist

In addition to regular admission requirements, international applicants who native language is not English must submit either:
• Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), minimum score on the TOEFL –IBT is 79. (
• Ilets, minimum score is 6.5 (
• PTE, minimum score is 53 (
• Apply for an evaluation of all post-secondary transcripts from the following organization: National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (

All International student must provide a statement from a banking association of available financial resources to cover tuition, room and board, books, and other expenses while attending school.

Proof of U.S. provider accepted health insurance is required for international students.

Students must submit proof of a clear TB test or chest X-ray, given and read less than one year prior to the start of the school semester. TB tests or chest X-rays are required by law by the State of Hawai’i. International students must submit a chest X-ray, which may be taken in their country of citizenship if desired.

Official transcripts may be mailed to:

Chaminade University of Honolulu
Attention: Online Undergraduate Programs
3140 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96816

Institutions that utilize from secured electronic transcript services such as eScrip-Safe, should email the transcript access information to

Military Students

If you are a military or veteran applicant (or family member), please visit our Military Students section for more information specific to military students and their families.

Accepted Students

Your application will be reviewed for admission once all documents have been received by the Office of Admissions. You will be notified of the admissions decision by email and mail.

Health Requirements & Student Health Form
Students planning to attend on-ground courses must submit a Student Health Form prior to the first day of instruction. Tuberculosis clearance is necessary for class registration. All students born after 1957 are also required to show proof of immunization for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR). Please download and print the health requirements form and submit your tuberculosis and MMR clearance to Chaminade University’s Student Services.

Note: Students who do not reside on the island of Oahu and plan to enroll in online courses are exempt from this policy.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at